RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New train seating

Author Topic: New train seating
RR4me
Member # 6052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RR4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone in another thread made a comment about the hard "plastic pan" seats on a train. That reminded me of a recent loop trip I took - Modesto to Stockton on the San Joaquin, Stockton to San Jose on the ACE train (never had gone over the Altamont), SJ to Sacramento on Capital Corridor, and San Joaqin back to Modesto. A good day riding, but the ACE train had HORRIBLE fixed seats, and for me it detracted from the experience. I sincerely hope all new trains (maybe someday the high speed rail) do not go the way of these fixed, preformed seats, but I am afraid they all will. Are there any new train cars being put into service anywhere that do NOT have these seats?
Posts: 406 | From: La Grange, CA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACE is a commuter train.
Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RR4me
Member # 6052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RR4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. I fear all new cars will have thes kinds of seat, though. They are undoubtably more efficient, from a cost and upkeep standpoint. BART is also a commuter train, and while fixed position, the padding was much thicker and more comfortable. At least it was 18 years ago, when I commuted from Concord to SF. Now, living in La Gange, commuters ride Harleys, pickup trucks or horses.
Posts: 406 | From: La Grange, CA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page