RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Romney's Revenge?

Author Topic: Romney's Revenge?
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Church of LDS could be a roadblock for Orlando-Miami rail plans.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-train-deseret-conflict-20130124,0,6255867.story

--------------------
Ocala Mike

Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come now volks, does anyone REALLY think this charade of a private sector intercity passenger train serivce initiative is a go?

http://www.railforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/11/7282.html

http://ridingmytrain.blogspot.com/

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I have now read the article. Sounds like someone is trying to create a controversy where there isn't one.

What a conglomeration of fact-free supposition and guesswork! "Could" seems to be a favorite word here. I would put this in the much ado about nothing box.

When you read the headline, it sounds like the project would require taking of one of their major facilities in the area, when in actuality after you get beyond the headline all it requires is a modification of a near 50 year old agreement between a LDS church owned property and the expressway authority, with no apparant need for one additonal acre of their property.

>>>Sorry for the misunderstanding. If I knew how to put the line through this I would, but I am leaving it because otherwise your following post would not make sense. <<<
[s]Uhh, Ocala Mike: I would regard your thread title if anything to be even sillier and more misleading than the article title. I highly doubt that Romney has any interest or even any knowledge of this whole issue.[/s]

Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, George. You are aware, of course, that Romney has held positions of leadership in the Mormon church in the past and that Romney snatched defeat from the jaws of victory here in the Sunshine State last November, leaving him with a bit of a bad taste in his mouth.

Sorry if my attempt at comic relief in the thread title didn't meet with your approval.

--------------------
Ocala Mike

Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duly noted. Sorry for my reaction. Yes, agree about the eection results. Felt like Romney pulled defeat out of the jaws of victory in quite a few other places as well.
Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page