RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Joliet Rocket

Author Topic: Joliet Rocket
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 17 & 18...

https://is.gd/ekjgrH

"To recreate the romance and luxury of the era, Joliet Rocket attendees are invited to wear attire representative of the 1920s to '50s. Volunteers will be dressed as bygone politicians and celebrities at the layover party with vintage cocktails and jazz music in an exclusive area curtained off thanks to Metra."

I wonder if many will dress up in costumes, called a shirt, tie, and suit?

Looks like fun. Price seems very reasonable.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yukon11:

I wonder if many will dress up in costumes, called a shirt, tie, and suit?

Looks like fun. Price seems very reasonable.

Someone will; just like there's always someone who "dresses up" for an airline flight or an Amtrak journey.

I trust it need not be said that open toe footwear, shorts, and tank tops are not part of my wardrobe anywhere, I have done away with neckties, save occasions such as weddings (none of those coming up), funerals (plenty of those on the horizon), Salzburg concerts, and when the "tables with a view" coffee house shut down last New Year's Eve.

But I still can't shake wearing a jacket to evening full service restaurants (somehow Amtrak Diners make the cut as such) and public events.

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard, that looks like a great trip at a good price. I see the Saturday trip is sold out. I thought the Fort Wayne group sponsoring it did an outstanding job on their retro promotional video on their web site. Thanks for posting this.

I think the VTM has said they need to broaden the area for 611 trips as the current market may be tapped out (not enough geezers). But I think a little creativity like these folks show would make the trips more desireable.

GBN, I briefly thought of taking a jacket on our trip but it didn't make the cut. Too many cities and too many train rides in too few days has us taking the absolute minimum.

Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page