RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » NARP Is Now RPA

Author Topic: NARP Is Now RPA
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While their Web address and the corporate name are unchanged, a few days ago, NARP announced their rebranding to the Rail Passengers Association:

http://www.narprail.org

I never have been and in all likelihood never will be a member of the outfit, so I defer to others who might have some insight regarding "what's going on"?

Apparently their standing as a 501 (c)(3) is unaffected, but why do you chuck a brand name with fifty years standing escapes me.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess they are making a big deal of the new RPA logo, which is suppose to "evoke the image of a train window through which passengers view the world".

Also some feel that NARP is a little similar to the acronym, AARP.

Here is a list of 146 organizations that use the RPA acronym:

https://is.gd/e0yuMC

I hope nobody confuses the RPA with the Russian Peasant Algorithm.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has always mystified my why an organization would want to change their name unless something has happened to make the name they currently have smell. There are a few exceptions where social changes may make the name you currently have unacceptable or distasteful.

Gets back to a friend of ours that got into a very bad situation: If you meet a man that starts using a different name than the one he was using when you first met him, don't bother to ask why. RUN.

Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's awfully close to the existing abbreviation RPCA, the Railroad Passenger Car Alliance. They're the people who assign reporting marks to rail passenger cars in private ownership
Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page