RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Open Discussion » Mayhem At The Meadows

Author Topic: Mayhem At The Meadows
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is Open Discussion so here goes.

The shooter, while at one time was worth the reported $2M, that wealth had been badly eroded into with his obsession for "gaming". While his real estate holdings had not yet been in public record foreclosures, they were "getting there". He wanted his girlfriend out of the country with enough funds to "start over" with or without him.

He was disgruntled against "the System" that had taken all too much of his $$$ and wanted revenge.

We shall see.

Posts: 9992 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the theory I speculated upon set forth within recognized media;

http://nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/vegas-motive-mass-shootings.html

Fair Use:

• Andrew Bringuel, a former member of the F.B.I.’s behavioral analysis unit, said investigators were undoubtedly exploring a range of motives that include personal, economic, social or political.

“He could have been seeking revenge,” said Mr. Bringuel, who retired earlier this year. “This could have been a personal grievance. He could have been a sore loser. Gamblers like to talk about their winnings, but not their losses. I worked for the F.B.I. for a long time. The F.B.I. is pretty good at looking at the nooks and crannies of someone’s life. The bureau will end up with a hypothesis. Whether the bureau can prove it is a separate question.”

Posts: 9992 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Further confirmation from "that other coast":

http://latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-shooting-sheriff-20171102-story.html

Fair Use:

• .The man who shot hundreds and killed 58 at the Route 91 Harvest music festival a month ago was a narcissist who may have seen his image as a high-rolling gambler declining, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said as the investigation into the Oct. 1 shooting rampage entered its second month.
    “He was going through some bouts of depression. But he was status-driven,” Lombardo said in a wide-ranging interview with 8 News Now in Las Vegas that offered the first hints of what might have driven 64-year-old Stephen Paddock to open fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page