RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Travel » Amtrak car 10001 in DC?

Author Topic: Amtrak car 10001 in DC?
Dave Burden
Member # 88

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dave Burden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On August 1st, while detraining, and again on August 5th, getting back on the train, we saw a unique Amtrak car at Union Station. It was numbered 10001 and had an open platform at the rear of the car. We took a picture of it, but, won't have that back for another week or so. Is this a special use car that people can rent or what?

Dave

Posts: 73 | From: Unity, NH | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLC
Member # 58

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen and photographed the same car in Washington Union Station. I believe it is a (non-revenue)track inspection car
Posts: 62 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dane
Member # 126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Dane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its one of Amtrak's Business Cars. Used to haul executives and VIPS. The name of Car 10001 is Beach Grove.
Posts: 2 | From: Maryland | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William
Member # 91

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for William     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on wednesday,august 16,while photographing trains i also saw 10001 going north thru mystic,conn going to boston,mass on the rear of an acela regional train powered by an
F-40 not an aem-7 like it was supposed to

Posts: 19 | From: Leominster,Ma | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page