RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Travel » Via Service to Halifax Restored

Author Topic: Via Service to Halifax Restored
David
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for David     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Easter Sunday, the first passenger trains passed through the site of Thursday's derailment at Stewiacke, Nova Scotia. Until then, according to a Via press release, Via was using bus substitution between Moncton and Halifax. The Sunday CBC television news showed the dining car Wascana, which had been bent almost 90 degrees, being scrapped on site. It would appear the rest of the derailed cars suffered relatively minor damage.

Via intends to use two dining cars on each set of the "Canadian" this summer season. Of the original 18 CPR diners, only 13 remain. Three were never converted to HEP, one was "retired" after the Biggar, Sask. wreck in 1997, and now this one in N.S.

Posts: 216 | From: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm taking that train on the 29th as part of my trip from Halifax to Vancouver. I'm assuming by then everything will be back to normal?
Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page