RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Travel » new railfan

Author Topic: new railfan
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just received this e-mail from a client I booked on Amtrak from LA to Indy. Reggie

ok..ok...

I'M HOOKED!!

I don't think I have ever had so much fun on a trip!

The Coast Starlight was fabulous, met wonderful people all along the way, ate way too much, my overnight in Seattle worked out great. I rolled my little rolling backpack all over the wharf and downtown. Went on the underground tour, and walked over to Union Station. The Empire Builder was also fabulous, met more wonderful people, and again, ate WAY too much!! lol Even the coach part from Chicago to Indy was fun. Lots more room in coach than I imagined.

Service was just great. My only regret is that I didn't do this long ago, and had taken my kids along.

Gary wants to do the North America Pass. Not sure when, but hopefully you are familiar with it.

Just wanted to let you know that my dream trip finally happened, and it was everything I had hoped it would be....and much, much, more.

Thanks for everything Reggie...

------------------

Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KEWL! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for literally selling Amtrak to the public. Our numbers are increasing, Congress better join in or get the hell out of the way!

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoy putting people on the train. When I get a person that had never spent any time on a train and they come back having such a wonderful trip, it really makes my day.
After later communication, I found out the Starlight was 3 hours late into Seattle. She said she didn't mind a bit. She was glad I talked her into not doing the Portland transfer to the Builder as the pax on the train making that connection got to ride a bus. She really loved the Pacific Parlour Car and aside from meals in the dining car, spent the entire trip there.
Another rail advocate is born.

Reggie

------------------

Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page