RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Travel » Raleigh, NC Station Area

Author Topic: Raleigh, NC Station Area
DC2001
Member # 542

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC2001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone familiar with the Raleigh, NC Amtrak station? I'll be changing trains there with family next week (Piedmont to Silver Star for Kissimmee) and was wondering what part of town the stations in, whethor there were any nearby restaurants/convenience stores to walk to, etc.

With the times around 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., I figure someone will want something to eat, at least some snacks.

Thanks.

Posts: 72 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Newtimes
Member # 2037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Newtimes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DC, I have traveled out of the Raleigh station twice on trips to Florida. The last time was about 3 years ago. The station is located in the traditional near downtown setting. I do not remember restaurants being within walking distance and I would not walk at night if there were. Daytime may be another thing. The station is comfortable, well lit and appears to have has been refurbished. I parked my car there for several days without incident. I do remember several restaurants within a short drive to the station. I hope this helps.

Russell in Va

Posts: 31 | From: Lynchburg, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC2001
Member # 542

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC2001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Newtimes,
Thanks, that's pretty much what I expected, but it helps to know in advance. No, I would not want to walk at night much anyway unless it was a well-lit (busy) area right across the street or something.

Posts: 72 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page