RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Travel » california zephry

Author Topic: california zephry
ben pettis
Member # 146

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for ben pettis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
going east on zephry to chicago,il once you arrive do you have time to make connections to city of new orleans going to new orleans?
Posts: 6 | From: oxford,ms usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JSChicago
Member # 68

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSChicago     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can check the schedules on Amtrak's site, www.amtrak.com

------------------
Peace,

Jack S.
Chicago, IL

Posts: 27 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Konstantin
Member # 18

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Konstantin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may have time for a connection according to the schedule, but I would not depend on it. Amtrak trains are notoriously late. It is not uncommon for them to be over ten hours late. I would plan to stay in Chicago overnight, then take the next day's City of New Orleans.

Dean

------------------
Elias Valley Railroad (N-scale) www.geocities.com/evrr

[This message has been edited by Konstantin (edited 10-21-2000).]

Posts: 446 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Genesis803
Member # 122

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Genesis803     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have made the connection Between the CZ and The City of New Orleans before with no problem. It is a guaranteed connection which means Amtrak is responsible if you miss your train. They will provide hotel accomodations or a bus ride to catch up the the City of New Orleans. Good Luck! Enjoy!
Posts: 34 | From: Biloxi, MS USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't be a problem making the connection. If the Zephyr is very late they can bus you from a point east of Chicago to a point south on the City of New Orleans route to catch up. The Zephyr has ben running pretty much on time lately as the BNSF has always done a good job of handling Amtrak trains. I just rode the Zephyr from Sacramento to Chicago a few weeks ago & the train was on time the whole trip. Yours Reggie

------------------

Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page