RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Railroad Events and Shows » Found info on excurtion in May

Author Topic: Found info on excurtion in May
Steven
Member # 1404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked back at UPHS web site and they updated the information about the 3985 trip this may. The dates are posted as to where they will be and when, and where layovers are... As well as cost for some of the tickets.
Posts: 5 | From: West Frankfort, IL | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR.SUS
Member # 1414

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for DR.SUS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven,

Thanks for the info about 3985 Midwest tour. I found the site and printed it. I hope to find time to follow some of the route from Milwaukee to St. Paul. Were could I find a Map showing the track route thru Wis and into Mn.? Any info would be helpful

Thanks again.

Dr.Sus

Posts: 4 | From: MARQUETTE,MI.49855 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven
Member # 1404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DR.SUS:
Steven,

Thanks for the info about 3985 Midwest tour. I found the site and printed it. I hope to find time to follow some of the route from Milwaukee to St. Paul. Were could I find a Map showing the track route thru Wis and into Mn.? Any info would be helpful

Thanks again.

Dr.Sus

Well, I dont know anywhere on the web to fine that info, but if you can find a Good UP timetable with the CNW routs in there then youll be set. If you cant find one, email me and Ill send you some copies of the CNW tracks in my timetable.
Steven

Posts: 5 | From: West Frankfort, IL | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR.SUS
Member # 1414

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for DR.SUS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven,

Will the run from Milwaukee to Altoona be on the old CNW track and is that the route use by amtrack going thru the Wis. Dells. I am trying to find a road map with the RR showing on it. Some of the newer maps leave off the RR making it hard to find roads running along the RR tracks. What I am try to do is find a area where we can view the engine moving along the main line at a good speed and areas to chase the train for both viewing and photo .

Thanks

Dr.Sus

[This message has been edited by DR.SUS (edited 03-18-2002).]

[This message has been edited by DR.SUS (edited 03-18-2002).]

Posts: 4 | From: MARQUETTE,MI.49855 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steven
Member # 1404

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DR.SUS:
[B]Steven,

Will the run from Milwaukee to Altoona be on the old CNW track and is that the route use by amtrack going thru the Wis. Dells. I am trying to find a road map with the RR showing on it. Some of the newer maps leave off the RR making it hard to find roads running along the RR tracks. What I am try to do is find a area where we can view the engine moving along the main line at a good speed and areas to chase the train for both viewing and photo .

Thanks

Dr.Sus

From the maps I looked at the UPRR Eau Claire Sub. follows most of Rt. 12 from Eau Claire to Millston, then breaks away and heads for Wyeville. From there Im guessing it cuts through mosty country area until reaching Milwaukee.
One map that I know is envaluable to a railfan is the DeLorme map. These maps show all city streets, backroads, tracks, and yards. Ive seen these maps sold at major book stores. If you dont have any luck there then call DeLorme at (207) 865-4171 or at www.delorme.com
Track speeds on this Sub. are only 40mph, with a few restrictions inbetween. Radio channel is 160.890 (Milwaukee-Adams) 161.040 (Adams-Altoona) and 160.890 (Altoona- St. Paul).

The line through Wisconsin Dells and Portage is the CP Rail. From Wisconsin Dells it heads west to La Crosse.
1 more tip. What I do when Im chasing a train somewhere where Ive never been, I just follow the railfans who have the maps and know where theyre going!
If you need any more info, just ask!
Good luck, and good hunting
Steven

DR.SUS
Member # 1414

Rate Member
Steven,

Thanks for the help. I will try the map store in our town. I wish you luck with your quest.

Dr.Sus

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page