RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Railroad Events and Shows » Union Pacific Challenger # 3985--TRIP TO IOWA

Author Topic: Union Pacific Challenger # 3985--TRIP TO IOWA
Mike Rhoadarmer
Member # 1379

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Rhoadarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you within driving distance Union Pacific Challenger # 3985 will be arriving in Clinton Iowa on June 11, 2002. The train is schedualed to leave Boone Iowa on the morning of June 11 and arrive in Clinton sometime in the late afternoon of the same day. The info I have says it will be available for veiwing until it's departure the next morning at 8:00 AM.
I would asume that the train would be parked at the Clinton yards, which are located just off of U.S. Rte. 34 on a street named Beaver Channel Parkway. There is a fair amount of parking in that area. For those who wish to chase the train U.S. 34 closely follows the U.P. mainline in that part of Iowa. A great photo oppertunity should be the next morning when it crosses the Mississippi river into Illinois. A person should be able to get some great shots as the train comes into Illinois on the east end of the bridge. The combination of the old massive swing bridge and the steam engine should be great. Here again the bridge is within a short distance from Rte. 34 and parking can be had along a small public road leading to the bridge. The sun will be at your back so lighting shouldn't be a problem.

Posts: 3 | From: Moline, Illinois--USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page