RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Railroad Events and Shows » Railroad Memorabilia at Auction

Author Topic: Railroad Memorabilia at Auction
Newtimes
Member # 2037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Newtimes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In organizing an Estate Auction on Friday, we noticed several boxes of locks and keys. Included were two railroad locks, one was a C&O and the other was not identifiable on first review. There are approximately 500 locks and thousands of keys including skelton keys.

In our first pass, we sorted 3 large (and very heavy) boxes of locks. I am sure there will be more RR locks as we continue to group and organize the sale. As a contracted agent, I am unable to bid on or pre-purchase the items due to conflict of interest.

The auction is to settle a large estate and all property must be sold at public auction. There is likely more RR memorabilia that we find uncover as we continue the auction setup. We are unboxing hundreds of boxes and each one has the potential of uncovering a hidden nugget.

If trainweb members have an interest in the RR memorabilia, I will arrange for property descriptions and *.jpg pictures be sent to you for absentee and sealed bids. The auction is so large it likely be a two day sale (Fri. 6-10pm Mar. 28 and Sat. 10-4pm Mar. 29) or a long Saturday (Mar. 29) sale.

The complete inventory will be online with descriptions with pictures of some items by March 9. If you are interested, please visit our website and sign up for email notification at http://www.dmauctionpros.com/Emailauctionsignup.htm This the most efficient and fastest way for us to respond to you. If you desire to attend, take the Crescent to Lynchburg, VA (LYH. We will provide info on lodging and transport needs.

Russell McBride
DeWitt-McBride, Inc. Auctioneers www.dmauctionpros.com
Lynchburg, VA

Posts: 31 | From: Lynchburg, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page