RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Railroad Job

Author Topic: Railroad Job
SnowbOy
Member # 2381

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnowbOy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Sir
what is and T & E AND OBS. What isthere Job Purpose,What do they do. Ho can i Contact amtrak to apply. Im closer to Amtrak Train PW02 & 1 from os Angels,Ca to Miami,Fl. I live in Pensacola,Fl,but can relocate t Neveda it ths is closer.

Posts: 4 | From: Pensacola,Fl Escambia County | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 674

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The T&E (Train and Engine) crews are the engineers and conductors. The engineer is responsible for the safe operation of the train from the locomotive cab, and the conductor is responsible for just about everything else with regards to the train.
OBS (On-board Service) personnel include car attendants and dining car staff. These people are in direct contact with passengers.
You can go to http://www.careerewards.com/home/index.jsp for a listing of available jobs.
Good luck!
~Eric

Posts: 553 | From: Flagstaff, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That URL does not access the Amtrak jobs info, at least for me. It shows the Manpower (which runs the site) employee page.

rick

Posts: 181 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LateShoreLimited
Member # 2025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LateShoreLimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jobs.amtrak.com

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 674

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rick,
Both URLs lead me to the same page, but as long as one of the sites works, that's what counts. Thanks for the heads-up on that- next time I'll post the second address.
~Eric

Posts: 553 | From: Flagstaff, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am still wrestling with this Amtrak job site url thingy...jobs.amtrak.com takes one to the Amtrak employee jobs web site in which you have to login, etc etc. The public access web site is:
http://www.careerewards.com/home/public_index.jsp

Try clicking on it and see if it takes you to the public site, if it doesn't, type it, don't just copy it, type it into the location bar of your browswer and it will work, then you can bookmark it for future use.

Egads, why is this so complicated?

rick

Posts: 181 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
OK, I just tested the url in the above message and it DOES work if you just click on it...it takes you to the public Amtrak jobs web site at which you can submit a resume.

rick

Cthetrains
Member # 2148

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cthetrains     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And in case anyone missed the above info....
the two most popular (apparently) links are as follows:

http://www.careerewards.com/home/index.jsp
and
http://jobs.amtrak.com

any questions?

------------------
Cory (o:}=

Posts: 140 | From: Kirksville, Mo | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page