RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Daylight saving time

Author Topic: Daylight saving time
royaltrain
Member # 622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for royaltrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just realized, after making my booking, that I will be leaving Buffalo this coming change of time, April 6th, on #48 to New York City. As I am coming from Toronto and will have to stay overnight in Buffalo for #48's 7:00 am (more or less) departure, I am wondering if the train will be even later than usual when the clocks are moved forward by an hour. Since I cannot rely on anything like on-time service, it also means that I will have to stay two nights in NY in order to make the Met's 6:30 pm start of Parsifal. I sure wish the old overnight Toronto to New York train was still around.
Posts: 524 | From: Toronto Ont. Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LateShoreLimited
Member # 2025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LateShoreLimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Train will be an hour late at least. #48 has been running pretty well the past few weeks. Call the station before checkin out of your hotel.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak288
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak288   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I photographed #48 on Monday, March 31st, it arrived into Depew at 6:47am, 1 minute early!!!! It was running on time this morning (April 2nd) as well, this train's on-time performance has been better than I can ever remember the past few weeks! Be sure to contact Julie to find out the status of the train when you ride.
Posts: 113 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
royaltrain
Member # 622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for royaltrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your replies. I too noticed that the Lakeshore was running on time or even early(!) this past day or two. I'll make sure that I put my alarm clock one hour ahead this coming saturday night--who knows maybe Amtrak will actually make up that hour.
Posts: 524 | From: Toronto Ont. Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page