RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » 2003 California Zephyr Consist

Author Topic: 2003 California Zephyr Consist
Amtrakman
Member # 2403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrakman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking the California Zephyr this summer and would like to know the consist. I much enjoy the sleepers being at the front of the train, but had heard rumors of them being at the rear. I will be traveling from Chicago to Sacramento.

Would apprechiate the help.
Thanks!

------------------
~The best trains, are the late trains~

Posts: 45 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last time I went (November) the sleepers were on the rear (Emeryville-Chicago).

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RICK777200
Member # 1525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RICK777200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally the consist for the Californis Zephyr during the summer is:
4 Genesis
Baggage
Transition Sleeper
3 Sleeper
Diner
Sightseer Lounge
Coach Smoking
2 Coach
Coach Baggage
20 MHC

Posts: 45 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrakman
Member # 2403

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Amtrakman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much!

------------------

Posts: 45 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrakman
Member # 2403

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Amtrakman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just getting the post moved to the top to see if I can get anymore help.

Thanks again!

------------------

mr williams
Member # 1928

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took the CZ from Osceola to Reno last year and stayed in a hotel in Reno overlooking the tracks, so I saw the CZ every day. Without exception the sleepers were on the front westbound and the rear eastbound. There were only two sleepers on at that time (early May).
Posts: 395 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 9 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Williams...

That implies Amtrak would not/could not wye or shuffle the CZ consist at Emeryville...

John

------------------
The City of Saint Louis (UP, 1967) is still my standard for passenger operations

[This message has been edited by PullmanCo (edited 04-22-2003).]

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Mr Williams means that DURING HIS STAY the sequence was always the same, not the same sequence all year round!

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page