RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Coast Starlight RV parking

Author Topic: Coast Starlight RV parking
bnash
Member # 2425

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bnash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have ridden the Coast Startlight several times and was always intrigued by a section where there were several miles of road between the train and the beach with RV's parked next to the beach. I have an RV now and would like to visit this area but have been unable to locate the name of the state park or state beach or what ever I was seeing. Can someone help me find this place?

Thanks,

Bill Nash
Asutin, TX

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassrr
Member # 1834

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cassrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Seacliff State Beach.
Posts: 21 | From: Huntington, WV USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are actually several spots like that between Ventura and Point Concepcion, as well as several such places along the Pacific Surfliner route between L.A. and San Diego (especially the San Onofre area). I suggest you purchase DeLorme's Atlas and Gazeteer of Southern California ($15-20, I believe)-- DeLorme atlases have pretty good coverage of local roads like that.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page