RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Coast Starlight 5-14 SEA-OKJ

Author Topic: Coast Starlight 5-14 SEA-OKJ
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to let everyone know, my trip on the Coast Starlight on May 14th was marvelous. The food in the dining car was great, they are phasing out the national menu. It was great not to have to eat green beans and baby carrots again. Some very nice entrees for dinner and some new choices for lunch too. The cars seemed to be in a better state of repair than some of my recent trips, so maybe they are doing a little more maintenance. Had a great attendant in the sleeper car, Roland, from the LA crew base, as are the rest of the crew from LA.
Overall a great trip. We were about an hour late into Oakland, but that just made our wait for the San Joaquin back to Bakersfield that much shorter.

Reggie

Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, the cruise from San Francisco to Vancouver was fantastic. I enjoyed it so much, I'm doing the trip in reverse in September. I'll be Coast Starlighting to Seattle, spending 2 nights, transfering to Vancouver for 2 nights and then cruising to Alaska and ending up in San Francisco on 9-28. The trip will begin on the Coast Starlight on 9-16.
Hey, MrToy, wanna go?

Reggie

------------------

Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its tempting.....

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page