RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » zephyr late schedule

Author Topic: zephyr late schedule
powers118
Member # 813

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for powers118     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will be riding the California Zephyr leaving Chicago on Sun June 15 scheduled to arrive in San Francisco on the 17th. I checked the schedules for the train just curious to see how it has been running timewise. Wow - It arrived on June 3, 12 hrs and 19 minutes late! Anyone know why?

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denver bob
Member # 1664

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denver bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It runs pretty much on time going west at least as far as Denver, however it lt will loose some time after that. I don't know the reason, Coming back it is usually two to three hours late arriving in Denver from the West.
Posts: 14 | From: denver, colorado usa | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should check amtrak.com and click on the "train status" button on the opening screen often -- you can plug in your train no. (the CZ is #5 westbound and #6 eastbound) and date and see how it has been running on any day. Usually when I plan my long train trips, I check that page often for several weeks before my scheduled depature, just to see how things have been going and to come up with "contingency plans" if I think I may need them.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
powers118
Member # 813

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for powers118     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have checked for the past 2 weeks but was wondering why so late on June 3 (12 hrs & 19 min)
Posts: 15 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a coal train derailment on the eastern slope about that time of the month.

Posts: 181 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the coal train derailment was long before that. It had been cleared up with both mainline and siding back in use on 26th May.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiking2
Member # 2239

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiking2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took the cz three weeks ago and arrived in sf only 20 minutes late.Service on the train was really nice.
Posts: 27 | From: Cleveland | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page