RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Here goes...

Author Topic: Here goes...
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, I'm pathetic.
I'm taking a trip later today. 86 miles. Yipppeeeee! I'm recreating a trip I took (my first) when I was 8.
I'll post results. The weather is supposed to be beautiful.

------------------
F40PH #757099-8
March 29, 1976-August 17, 2001
Requisecat in pacis

P42DC #53063
Around 2.5 million miles to go

Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 674

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
86 miles is still a train trip! Have a great time!
Posts: 553 | From: Flagstaff, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats nothing.
I've taken the train from Kirkwood to St. Louis and back about 30 times.
Total mileage: 13 miles one way; 26 Total

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak288
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak288   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK since we're on this subject, here's my records:

Shortest Amtrak Trip: Sandusky To Elyria, OH on The Pennsylvanian back in 2001, 35 miles each way, 70 Total.
Longest Amtrak Trip: Buffalo, NY To San Diego, CA on the Lake Shore Limited, Southwest Chief & Pacific Surfliner in 2002, 2861 miles each way, 5722 total.

Posts: 113 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't my shortest trip either, but fun enough I haven't finished the report yet. Sorry. It has been a busy summer. Keep watching.
Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graynt
Member # 17

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for graynt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 2 cents: Longest trip: Portland,Maine to San Diego. I traveled to Portland from my Pennsylvania home just to ride the Downeaster
Shortest trip:Lancaster to Harrisburg,Pa...maybe 20 miles.

I have a nice post Labor Day Amtrak adventure coming up: Baltimore to Jacksonville on the Silver Star, Jacksonville to LA on the Sunset, LA to Chicago on the SW Chief, Chicago to DC on the Capital Limited and one of the regional back to Baltimore. I ve been taking cross country Amtrak trips for many years and I can t think of a better way to spend my vacation. Its nice to see the cost of sleepers come down to earth,too. I used to always go by coach,but the sleepers really make the entire trip special.

Posts: 176 | From: Bloomsburg Pa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page