RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Breakfast at St. Albans, VT

Author Topic: Breakfast at St. Albans, VT
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if there are any breakfast-type places within walking distance of Amtrak's station at St. Albans, Vermont?

I'll be traveling from Montreal to New York via the thruway connection bus and the Vermonter. There's an hour-long layover between bus and train at St. Albans, so I thought I'd grab something to eat while I wait.

Is this a possibility at 10 a.m.?

Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think there is a Mcdonalds about 3 blocks from the station, i cant remember the address you could check inside the station.
Posts: 416 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McDonald's = breakfast???? I think not, unless you're desperate!

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . on the other hand, one could say the same for the infamous "breakfast sandwich" sold in Amtrak's cafe cars.

Thanks for the McDonald's info. Unless someone suggests otherwise, I have a feeling there's a Happy Meal in my future.

Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pelican
Member # 754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pelican     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been on this trip for a couple of years now, but I used to do it regularly.

First opportunity is likely to be in Central Station Montreal where some of the small places are normally open.

Some (most) of the Vermont Transit drivers will stop at the D Donuts place on the outskirts of St Albans. The bus is usually quite early if customs doesn't cause trouble.

There is (was) a pastry and breakfast place in the small shopping center to the right across the main road in front of the New England Central office down the platform from the station.

When there was an agent at St A, he used to have a pot of coffee for all. Those days are apparently gone now.

Posts: 28 | From: Alexandria VA 22315 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Thanks for providing some additional dining options. Yes, I've heard about the coffee pot. It's a shame that yet another station agent has been budgeted into oblivion.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page