RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Recent NY Trip

Author Topic: Recent NY Trip
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I was not able to persuade anyone to Take the LSL from NY to CHI on our return leg, mainly because we live in STL and would have to either switch and wait in CHI Union Station or Fly from CHI.
So instead we flew both ways. And the return part was terrible.
Lines nearly made us miss our flight, then we had to switch flight paths from NY to ATL and that made us 35 minutes late, then we almost, and I mean almost missed our flight from ATL to STL beating the doors by about a half second. Of course the flight attendants were real snotty, even though it wasnt our fault. Then we had to wait in a line of planes(20 or so) to take off, 40 minute delay, and finally we got into STL about 30 minutes behind schedule, while all the time I kept saying"we should have taken the train".

As for the Train part of our Trip. We took the commuter to Babylon where we met the LIRR that took us to Sayville.
In Sayville we would ferry our way to Fire Island. Now has anyone here been to Fire Island before, Its quite the beach. On one side they have shops and resturants(one Titled "Burger Queen", and on the other side was a nude beach where a lot of Gay men were hanging out. Not Fun. We left after about 20 minutes there.
The Train though was excellent, they really keep to their schedules.
Thats All I gots to say about that.

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page