RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amtrak San Joaquins 701-704

Author Topic: Amtrak San Joaquins 701-704
TrainWeb-Staff
Member # 22

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for TrainWeb-Staff   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would anyone happen to know which UP route Amtrak's Sacramento San Joaquins take between Stockton and Sacramento? I know that, when the service first started, it was either the ex-WP Sacramento Sub or the ex-SP Fresno Sub. The opening of the Lodi station surely solidified the route, but I cannot tell which line the station is on.

If it's the Fresno Sub, the San Joaquins will race with Sacramento Regional Transit's new South Line, which opens next month. (See http://www.sacrt.com/Extensions/South_Line/Image_Map/South_Map.htm)

Thanks in advance for any help!

------------------
-TrainWeb Staff
TrainWeb, Inc.
http://www.trainweb.com
"Trains on the web ? TrainWeb.com !"

Posts: 34 | From: Fullerton, CA, United States of America | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trains go eat to Elvas on the Cal P then turn south down the old SP all the wye to the former location of Stockton Tower where they turn back onto the BNSF. They have to use this routing to serve Lodi.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they use the old SP; I rode this last year.

The two-separate Stockton "stations" are interesting for railfans but probably confusing for the general public. Amtrak uses the Ace station (platform), not the Santa Fe station, for the direct run from Sacramento.

MP

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page