RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » I found a great new Amtrak Stations website!

Author Topic: I found a great new Amtrak Stations website!
coachclass
Member # 2382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for coachclass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey- I stumbled accross this last night and it is the best Amtrak station guide I have seen on the internet by far. It has lots of pictures, locations, and a neat interactive route guide that lets you travel up and down each train's route. The only drawback is it dosen't have the NE states done yet. Check it out! http://snow.prohosting.com/usarail/index.html
Posts: 78 | From: Des Moines, IA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That site has been around for a while. I agree that it's excellent.

It's run by a Japanese guy, who likes to spend his vacation time driving from station to station along Amtrak's routes (covering many hundreds of miles in the process).

At this point, he's photographed 447 of Amtrak's 547 stations. He says he intends to get around to snapping and posting photos of the remaining stations in the northeast. Eventually.

Since many new visitors to this board probably haven't seen his site, thanks for posting the link.

Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was not aware of this site. Boy, this guy gets around!! I looked up my station in Salinas, and he had four photos. He made one mistake in that he switched the northbound and southbound views of the tracks. I see he made a similar mistake with the Davis station.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

[This message has been edited by Mr. Toy (edited 09-07-2003).]

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen this site before either and I've been on this board for a good couple of years now.

But I can see great uses for it... thanks!

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody pointed out this site several months ago on this forum, and I bookmarked it.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozarksjoe
Member # 2200

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozarksjoe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This site's pictures of the Lawrence KS station 'saved the day' for me. I got an email from Amtrak that 'there is no waiting room there, the depot is closed'. His pictures also helped me decide on where to park. The depot waiting room is opened about 10 pm every evening. The wrong info from Amtrak helped substantiate a further complaint I made to Amtrak about the depot for which I received a $50 travel voucher.
Posts: 12 | From: southwest Missouri | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Amtrak's trains stop at many of these places only in the middle of the night, the site made me realize how many great old stations I've completely missed seeing because I was fast asleep.
Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coach34135
Member # 1979

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for coach34135     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fantastic website, i followed the sunset and surfliner routes on it. brought back graet memories on the sunset!

Posts: 139 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two Thumbs up
Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denmarks
Member # 2748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where does he get the money and time to do this project? It would be nice to see some info on him and how he does the project at his site. He does not seem to ride the trains but drives between all of the stations.
Posts: 9 | From: Chico, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must have missed this also. Interesting photos...
Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great website! I was especially impressrd by the track diagram showing the wye at Vancouver,Wash.

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page