RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Train Fan Question

Author Topic: Train Fan Question
the_maitre
Member # 2632

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for the_maitre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok - you'all know about the upcoming trip.
Moving on - my travel companions have been asking questions about what they will see on the train (Autotrain - Superliner Consist). I have been enthusiastically telling them of my memories of my train trips on Superliners but have been stumped on two things.

1. The layout of the lower level of coach cars.
2. The layout of the lower level of the observation/lounge car.

I also have noticed some photos of Superliner Observation cars with a snack bar thingy in the center of the car (upper level) and don't remember that on the Southwest Chief - could be bad memory as well! ;-)

Looking forward towards your replies.

Erik

Posts: 26 | From: southbridge, MA USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coachclass
Member # 2382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for coachclass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The lower level of most Superliner coach cars has a separate compartment with handicapped accessible seating on one side of the boarding area, a luggage rack and storage areas in the middle, and two small bathrooms, one large handicapped accesible bathroom, a men's changing room/bathroom, and a women's changing room/bathroom on the other side. Some coaches have a smoker's lounge or all baggage storage on the lower level in place of the extra seating.
2. The lower level of the Superliner Sightseer lounge has a snack bar w/attendant, 4-5 tables, a restroom, storage areas, and a T.V. The upper level "snack bar thingy" used to be staffed on busy trains with drink and snack service but rarely is any more.

Posts: 78 | From: Des Moines, IA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page