RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » On My Way

Author Topic: On My Way
ladylawyer
Member # 2653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladylawyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the time has finally come. After planning this trip since July, I board the California Zephyr in the morning to begin my journey to Connecticut. This forum has been enormously helpful in preparing for this, my first train ride. Thanks for all the tips...I'll report back when I return in 2 weeks.
Posts: 33 | From: Fair Oaks, CA US | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Night before and the morning leading up to a big train ride is always the best part.
Then you board

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KA6BGJ
Member # 662

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KA6BGJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy your trip. Have a great time and we will all be looking forward to read about your expierences when you get back. I'm sure you will have some very good stories to tell when you return. Enjoy.
Posts: 88 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Methinks Uncle Buck is too pessimistic.

The best part is the moment the train begins rolling. The worst part (assuming the toilets keep flushing ) is stepping off the train at the end of your journey.

I hope all goes well and I look forward to the lady's report.
------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

[This message has been edited by Mr. Toy (edited 10-17-2003).]

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember one thing,if your train is late you have more time riding.If the train is early, you don't get all the time on the train you paid for.

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page