RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Change of from Datelight Savings to Standard Time

Author Topic: Change of from Datelight Savings to Standard Time
chaslett
Member # 1012

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaslett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking the Lakeshore Limited. It is to leave at 3:40 a.m.
I am not sure if this means the train will leave at 3:40 EDT or EST.
Anyone have any suggestions?
I emailed Amtrak was told it would leave on EST.
I called and the customer service person said train would leave EDT.

Posts: 54 | From: Chagrin Falls, OH, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisJ
Member # 320

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The time changes officially at 2am. So that means that at 3:40am you (and Amtrak) will be on EST.
Now, as to the likelihood of the "Late for Sure Limited" actually leaving at that time, well, I won't get into that subject.

[This message has been edited by ChrisJ (edited 10-20-2003).]

Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kjkober
Member # 1423

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for kjkober     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...it was 8:40 am this morning...a bit later than 3:40 am in Cleveland, huh?
Posts: 42 | From: Akron, Ohio USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMTK271
Member # 1778

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMTK271   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since it appears you are boarding in Cleveland, the train leaves Erie at 1:42 so the train can arrive up to 1 hour and 20 minutes early (The train has make up time between Erie and Cleveland) The westbound train does pretty well for timekeeping. The Late Shore Limited whatever name only seems to apply for the eastbound train nowadays. Have fun...
-Paul

Posts: 24 | From: Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many years ago (back in the days when the Texas Eagle actually ran on schedule most of the time), I was on the Eagle heading to a convention in Dallas on "fall back" night, and somewhere around Poplar Bluff, the train, which had been on schedule, simply stopped for an hour so it would maintain its on-time schedule. I imagine this would be a great opportunity for some late trains to make up an hour of lost time. Now, on "spring forward" night, that's a different story.....
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it the case that between something like between 1am and 3am dispatchers are not allowed to issue *timed* track warrants? I could well be wrong on the times but I'm sure I read something like that somewhere....

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaslett
Member # 1012

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaslett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought about all trains stopping for hour but thought that would not make alot of sense.
I will just get to station in time for the 3:40 EDT departure. I can take a book and be just fine if I have to wait an extra hour.
We Amtraker don't let an hour delay worry us!!!

Posts: 54 | From: Chagrin Falls, OH, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Amtrak, the train will arrive in it's next station stop and stay there until it's time to leave.

The train will not just stop out in the wilderness and kill an hour.

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page