RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Southern California Wild-Fires /Involving AMTRAK

Author Topic: Southern California Wild-Fires /Involving AMTRAK
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF you have been watching local news if you live in California you cant miss the 5 main wildfires burning in the valleys of Los Angeles---Air travel was grounded for some parts of yesterday, But mainly Amtrak trains that run through Simi Valley, CA are grounded in LA----THe coaststarlight I believe is haveing trouble departuring--BUt somthing should be figured out soon enough--Just wanted to let anyone know thats coming into Southern California---

Anton

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrak.com's Train Status page has the Coast Starlight leaving LA on time today.
Not for Yesterday However

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Its taking an alternative route---without Simi Valley, It is going to be a long ride probally-------------Anton
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will coming in on the SWC to Fullerton, then to San Diego Oct 30. Train status has shown no major delays so far. Any news to the contrary?
Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should be alright---Its mainly the Simi Valley station--San Diego does have a fire--But there clearing things up..I assume your taking the Pacific Surfliner South to San Diego from fullerton...That should work out !
paulr
Member # 2761

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for paulr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Coaststarlight99: Would you provide more details on the alternate route? Thanks.
Posts: 32 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Sounds funny huh---That was just yesterday I THINK ---I called Amtrak and they said its going thru Simi Valley---But It gets to San Jose at 11:30 PM instead of 8:30 PM acouple nights ago--should be OK now.

Im continuing to check Amtraks Train Status--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page