RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » coaststarlight99

Author Topic: coaststarlight99
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think u need to lighten up about disnomers posts, i personally feel that he is just lightening up these boards with some funny posts, you are a great poster on train web and while u may be up set that dave is getting more attention then u, im sorry u feel that way but if u dont like daves post then just dont read them.
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BNSF 1088
Member # 2400

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for BNSF 1088   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
enough with all the bashing of members this just makes people not post here

------------------
LOOK LISTEN LIVE
BEFORE CROSSING RR TRACKS

Posts: 210 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polarbearucla
Member # 2723

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for polarbearucla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got to agree with littletrain, those posts where fun; however, maybe they should be posted in anoter section where minors, like littletrain, arent subjected to them. Regardless, I dont think those posts really corrupted littletrain, he seems crazy enough, maybe he stopped taking his medication again . Either way I dont think this board shoud erupt into bashing other members, and maybe im at fault for starting this with my "who is your favorite railforum member" thread. This is a message board for Amtrak enthusiasts, and having some fun is acceptable, but lets not turn against ourselves!

I think littletrain and cs99 should patch their differences and maybe the comic posts should be cut back

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me, or is anyone else out there feeling this forum is becoming the pre-pubescence-remotely-rail-related forum? A forum for attention-seeking adolescents?

The broad age spectrum of posters to this forum was a major plus for me. The enthusiasm and perspective of the young'uns was a pleasure. And the lack of a moderator enabled the forum to be more open and free-wheeling.

But of late, we seem to have been invaded by socially-challenged pre-adolescents. The focus of the forum seems to have shifted from, let's say, railroads, to more important stuff, like who's the most popular dude on this forum. I was hoping this trend would change once summer vacation ended, but it has not.

I have come to the conclusion this forum needs a moderator. Though I have been critical of the moderator (intitials GBN, no copyright infringement intended) at another site, I have come around to see the benefits of keeping posts on topic and flame retardant. We could use a GBNorman-type to focus this forum to rail-related issues, and delete posts on who you would vote for prom queen, and how many conquests you, as a 15 year old, have scored in a deluxe sleeper.

Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polarbearucla
Member # 2723

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for polarbearucla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that the forum needs a moderator. But I also think that person needs to be knowledgable, fair and fun. Which leads me to conclude that Mr. Toy is the perfect choice for moderator. Everyone loves him, see my "who is your favorite railforum member", has amazing knowledge about amtrak, and has a tasteful sense of humor. 1 vote for TOY
Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
make that 2 for the toyster
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nah, I disagree...there have not been that many off topic posts and it's easy enough to skip a thread if one finds it, or the originator not to their liking.
Posts: 181 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think a moderator is called for.

Sometimes older people are just jealous of the youth of others.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zephyr:
this forum needs a moderator.

Alright, I'll nominate myself to be one.
Now as my first order of business, I want to send out a little speech, it goes like this:
Why can't we be Friends, why talking trains, and if someone else annoys you then say screw em to yourself and move on.
My next order of business is to resign.

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if nominated I will not run, if elected, I shall not serve. I'm not prepared to be a moderator. But IMHO, this is already one of the most civil internet forums I've encountered anywhere. And all without a visible moderator. I think that speaks volumes about the quality of the participants. Sure, there's an occasional dispute, but they usually seem to get patched up on their own.

I've been enjoying the lighthearted topics. Things were starting to get a little dull around here. No doubt the next Amtrak crisis will turn our attention to more important matters, but for now I think its OK to have a little fun to keep us from losing interest in the board.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A normal night and I decide to come on trainweb and what do you know Mr. Littletrain has mad eone of his little remarks. This board is not a serious thing its about fun--Amtral is a hobby for most of us---But making a post about a fony Lost Parcel, and *** on trains--Is just so imature---Im a student--I am not old by away! These funny posts are ok every now and then I personally think--BUT dnsommer one say I cam eon train web and you had like 6 posts all made in a 1/2 hour time basis. -----BUT Mr. Toy is right about things getting dull around here--And we really dont need a monitor YET --- There are thousans of forums on the net-----there are the no one reads them kind---and the jam packed post ever 6 seconds literaly kind.---Railforum is perfect!

Tell me what you think--

Anton

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
{Where did I put my teenager to english translation dictionary? ......}
Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, if you can find that dictionary, you would be an excellent candidate for moderator.
Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ithink folks like disnommer and littletrain keep this post lively.Sure,it should be serious most of the time,but we all need to have a little fun occasionally.

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zephyr:
I successfully raised three of them (my youngest is 25, now).

And I have lost my "T to E" dictionary. I used to have one..... well... and a 12 gauge helped, too.

Hmmmm... a 12 gauge would be handy as moderator, too! {heh heh heh}

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moderate yourselves. Type in English. Something like this should not need a moderator or people scrambling for a dictionary. I fail to understand why in modern America, just because you are typing on a computer means all rules for self-control, punctuation, grammar, and common sense go out the door. If you have a specific complaint against one member in particular, this is why all threads have an e-mail link.

You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.
You.

[This message has been edited by Amtrak207 (edited 11-07-2003).]

Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page