RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Trip Report: Cap Limited, Federal, LSL

Author Topic: Trip Report: Cap Limited, Federal, LSL
coachclass
Member # 2382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for coachclass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a great trip a week ago out east on the Capitol Limited, Federal and Lake Shore Limited and have posted a trip report and pictures for anyone interested on my website. You can access it right from the front page. Enjoy! www.geocities.com/coachseats

Posts: 78 | From: Des Moines, IA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammy
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great report! I really liked the Boston part. There is always a great Railsale there but never knew what to do once there. My son has friends there so I had been checking the cost for him on the LSL and all through Sept. it had been $28 round trip from ROC to BOS!! Now I can watch the sale for my self.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnsommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a first class trip report, coachclass! I enjoyed reading it.

My only criticism is that it would be nice if you could remove the colored lines that periodically cross the text.

I gotta look into this rail sale thing.

Dave S
New York

[This message has been edited by dnsommer (edited 11-08-2003).]

Posts: 284 | From: Ithaca, NY USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak288
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak288   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CoachClass, you took the same 3 trains I took on my last trip about a month before your trip!!! I would have rode a total of 5 trains as I live near Buffalo, NY, but due to Hurricane Isabel, my first two trains were cancelled! BUMMER, ain't nothing worse than a 7 hour bus ride when you're supposed to be on a train!!! I invite everyone to check out my travelogue riding the same 3 trains, I'll give you a quick synopsis here and you can check out the travelogue for the story and photos:

I visited the following:
Sandusky, OH - Cedar Point Amusement Park
Washington, D.C. - Sightseeing
Boston, MA - Railfanning/Sightseeing

Here's the link...
http://www.trainweb.org/amtrakpix/travelogues/91803A/91803AIndex.html

Any questions or comments are welcome, and CoachClass, very nice work on your travelogue!

Posts: 113 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GD, how many times have you been to Cedar Point in your life?
Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak288
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak288   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"GD, how many times have you been to Cedar Point in your life?"

I've been to Cedar Point every year for the last 12 years. I worked there in 2001 as a Marketing Assistant (Was my internship for college). I've used Amtrak to get to/from CP 8 times. My first Amtrak trip on July 23rd, 1996 was Buffalo to Sandusky, OH on #49 to visit Cedar Point, I though it would be something different since I had yet to ride Amtrak, now I'd rather take the train there more than any other mode of travel!

Posts: 113 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page