RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Sorry, you're all wrong!

Author Topic: Sorry, you're all wrong!
Railbug
Member # 2764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railbug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When a customer pays fo a ticket he has to be treated like he is always right. If you don'tlike that try to use a little logic and realize that if he doesn't come back and keep buying tickets for rides your employer will have no business and no reason to employ YOU and hence you will have no salary (no job!). Get it!? Too complicated!?
Posts: 6 | From: Palatka, FL 32177-1150 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.... it's way too simplistic.

There are 'customers' out there that you would not want back. There are people that are way too argumentative or drunk or just too obnoxious to want them as a customer, due to the fact that they would chase off more customers by their actions.

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak288
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak288   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Railbug, the customer is NOT always right. People who are rude, belligerant and obnoxious to other passengers or train crew will leave a very negative impression amongst the people who are nice and cooperative and make them not want to come back (and those good people are the ones you want to come back). I have twice witnessed Amtrak Crews put passengers off the train due to their actions onboard as keeping them on the train would have endangered other passengers, the crew or both. There are also people who like to "play the system". Think back to when Amtrak had a "Service Guarantee" program. How many times do you think someone demanded a free trip because they had a stale muffin in the cafe car, or used a bathroom with a door lock that didn't work and someone walked in on them accidentally, or their train was 10 minutes late? That program must have cost them millions in lost ticket revenue because people who would play the system would demand free travel for some insanely stupid reason and site the "customer is always right" philosophy. This of course is a general statement, I'm not citing an actual example but I think others on this board will agree with my logic on this one. Although the lion's share of people are good and honest and "right", there are those who are only in it to get something for nothing or just cause trouble, and you will find this most anywhere including on Amtrak Trains. I'll have to agree with Mr. Smith on this one...
Posts: 113 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the author of this thread choose his handle with the intent of posting threads with the words "you're wrong" in the titles?? This is getting quite tiresome.
Posts: 566 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMTRAKLVR
Member # 2843

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMTRAKLVR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for what its worth, I'm beginning to think that Railbug, StevePostal, and Nando are one in the same person. Just my opinion.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TPWMAN
Member # 360

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TPWMAN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell you from looking at Railbug's profile that he and Stevepostal are one and the same.
Posts: 9 | From: tucson,az,usa | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey railbug boy why don't you go get a hair cut if you want customer service! The only customer service you can expect from Amtrak is to get you over the road as quickly, efficiently & SAFELY as possible PERIOD!
Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rode a train today. I was wrong a few times.
Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for rmiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From a 1951 recording of the radio show Gunsmoke...."The Overland Stage promises to get you there, your comfort if up to you".
Posts: 181 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boyce
Member # 2719

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boyce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is everbody wrong about? We're right, You're WRONG!
Posts: 113 | From: San Antonio, Texas,USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saying Im wrong. Hah
Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmwnc1959
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmwnc1959     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a travel agent I have found the need on occasion to 'fire' clients because they just didnt get it. NO, customers are not always right, YES I realize that when I get on a train that I am dealing with human beings, just like me. We get to see these rail attendants for just a small portion of their day and could never know all of the emergencies, problems, and 'fires' they have to put out. We as a nation have been promised the highest possible level of customer service that can be delievered, to be treated like celebrities, to have our hands held through every step of our journey. To attract business companies will and have promised you the moon, and they cannot always deliver everytime on every occasion. It's just the way it is. That's life.
Posts: 497 | From: Clarksburg, West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page