RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » HOW TO GET VERY NICE AMTRAK WALL PAPER

Author Topic: HOW TO GET VERY NICE AMTRAK WALL PAPER
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First go to Google.com click on image search then make shure that safe search is off then type "AMTRAK F59PHI" and click search, when the search results come up scroll to the bottom of the page, click next, scroll to the bottom of the page and click where it says "repeat the search with the omitted results included." and again scroll to the bottom of the page and click number 5 and scroll to the bottom of the page again, and click on the image Dsc_4766e.JPG
1024 x 672 pixels - 270k
but remember theres too images that are the same but one is smaller so click the one thats 1024x672 pixles and when the page comes up click that image again and when that page comes up right click on the image and select "set as desktop back round" and that image is now your wall paper.

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a very good source for rail pictures is the usenet newsgroup alt.binaries.pictures.rail
Posts: 181 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one?

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any fine home furnishing store should have something you like, or you can make a custom design for increased cost.
Narf.
I make my own wallpaper, for the computer anyhow. A photo I took, which nobody else has, and I can be proud of it. Recent iterations include a phase 2 file photo from the AmArchives (of 207! BEAUTIFUL!!!), train 48 in dense fog on the morning of June 30, F40 316 on April 1, New207 at various times, and Chi, let's just say it's not train-related.
RoomService, please keep in mind some of us are on dialup and excessively large photos chew bandwidth.
railpictures.net (I think) also has a wide variety of pictures, but keep in mind who the original photographer is at all times.

------------------
F40PH #757099-8
March 29, 1976-August 17, 2001
Best of the best, requisecat in pacis

P42DC #53063
Now only around 2.4 million miles to go

Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup thats the one!

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak288
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak288   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being that I'm into Railroad Photography and am a huge Amtrak Fan, I use this photo on my computer currently as the wallpaper. Only difference is the one used for the wallpaper is higher resolution to fill my 1024x768 screen. I took this pic on May 30th, 2003 in North Evans, NY of the Lake Shore Limited.
http://www.trainweb.org/amtrakpix/itrainpix/48/index.html#130

Posts: 113 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page