RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » EVERYBODY READ THIS!!!!

Author Topic: EVERYBODY READ THIS!!!!
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that we have al had just about enough! I know we are all tired of fake moderators, name calling, and most of all good posters leaving the site. Some of my friends talk on forums (message boards) but when I hear there was a forum for Amtrak Enthusiasts I was excited! think you all were too! A moderator is not needed unless someone is really acting out of control. There are only 3/4/5 people that were involved in the profanity, but we all need to START TALKING ABOUT AMTRAK again!!!!! I dont even know who this screename "Admin" was..Who was the real moderator anyway? From now on I for one say we get back to Amtrak. We were all running a pretty good Amtrak forum I think until a little bit ago! We dont have SPAM posters, or people that no zero about Amtrak really. We must NOT LET THIS BOARD GO DOWN!!!!!!!!

I wan to hear all your thoughts!
Anton
pillsbury09@excite.com
AOL IM: pillsburymn

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmwnc1959
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmwnc1959     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am ALL IN FAVOR OF TALKING AMTRAK. Can we just GET PAST THIS and get back to making this board work like it is supposed to. SHAKE HANDS, APOLOGIZE, ACT LIKE GROWNUPS, and, MOVE ON.

[This message has been edited by dmwnc1959 (edited 12-11-2003).]

Posts: 497 | From: Clarksburg, West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few questions im pu in the air on.......

TO ALL:
Who is are moderator??
Was ADMIN fake?

TO littletraina nd polarbearucla:
what is irishchieftrain's problem?
He/she is bring this board down!!

I THINK I CAN HELP THIS BOARD!!

we have to set a date in the next couple of days..Now on that date we will start only talking about AMtrak.. NO MORE TALK OF MODERATORS AND RUDE BEHAVIOr..I dont even know what post was deleeted that Irish made, but by what poeple are saying it sounds "bad". WHO AGREES WITH ME AOBUT THE DATE THING? like 10 new posts a day aobut everythign are soming in..AND ITS NOT FADING AWAY..we have to forget about it and move ON!!!!

-ANTON
I WANT YOUR TOHUGHTS!
pillsbury09@excite.com
AOL IM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polarbearucla
Member # 2723

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for polarbearucla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MY PROBLEMS W/ IRISH CHIEFTAN AKA AL

1) He was not chosen by any regular poster
2) Therefore while we all may have opinions of what is on or off topic his individual, non elected, opinion is given preferential treatment.
3) He refuses to hear crtizism about his style of moderating, simply deleting the threads.
4) He has personally called me "a troll" and has accussed me with out proof of posting pictures of Hitler, which I find an offense, since I am of Jewish descent.
5) He seems to have a slight ego probelm. Dare I say a Napoleon Complex? In one reply he commented that his work as moderator would hopefully get him promoted to administrator.
6) He has driven some of the best bosters away from the board.
7) He has made the board extremely boaring, not allowing anything that isnt 100% Amtrak related (see his thoughts on the Amtrak Station post, and why this is off topic)

There you go. I looked for you online CS99, my sn, as Ive said before is polarbearucla. I just wish we could have the following abililties:

1) Public discussion on whats on or off topic
2) Public elections of moderator

That doesnt seem like that much to ask, is it? Obviously IrishChieftan's harsh moderating has lead to some of what he calls "spamming." I think a moderator who better represented the opinion of the board would not receive spam messages and would only have to clean up the very very rare obscene comments.

Therefore I would like to nominate MR. TOY as moderator!!!

Quesetions/Comments...post somewhere (and hopefully "AL" wont delete them, or AIM, my sn = polarbearucla

Jim Chee

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably get flack for this, but if irish is our moderator, I think he should get a new screen name. Maybe more train related. Just a thought though
Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems to me that anyone who sticks to the topic,which is Amtrak,doesn't use obscenities,or use personal attacks against others,wouldn,t care who the moderator was.Let's get back to serious railfanning,and skip all this other nonsense.

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say,
polarbearucla, littletrain, and Irishchieftrain

are ALL a bit hot headed.

I think Irish id "bad" things on the board, but we have to put that aside. He did apologize!

SO WHO IS WITH ME ABOUT A "Starting OVER" (no more talkking about moderators etc.) day?

Anton

TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! The whole moderator thing is boring, and has gotten way too personal. Lets talk trains.

However, I might make a suggestion that if a poster can be bumped off, that Yez Boz should walk the plank.

Another consideration is that if someone new happens onto this site, they may be turned off by this infighting.

Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kjkober
Member # 1423

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for kjkober     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated Jr. Hi the first time around, folks. No more homecoming voting.

The train's leaving the station and you're all fighting over your seat assignments.

Let's roll.

Posts: 42 | From: Akron, Ohio USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by espeefoamer:
It seems to me that anyone who sticks to the topic,which is Amtrak,doesn't use obscenities,or use personal attacks against others,wouldn,t care who the moderator was.Let's get back to serious railfanning,and skip all this other nonsense.

Amen! Let it go, and the moderator issue will sort itself out naturally.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
I hope your right Mr. TOY

Hopefully it will not be a topic here on railforum anymore!

In a matter of fact I think everythig will be the same ina few weeks!!!!

Anton

Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read it.

This forum must remain an open discussion group where people can (respectfully) talk about issues related to Amtrak. This involves tolerating differences of opinion and being able to regulate your behavio(u)r as an individual. Someone who is eager to have a few questions about Amtrak travel is going to go elsewhere when they read all the childish nonsense that has been going on. I never thought a bunch of foamers could degenerate into adolescent squabblers, hair-pullers and name-calling so easily.
You all need to go watch a train. Get some fresh air. Think about what has been going on lately. After that, decide whether it's worth your time to come back. Flames and idiots happen. People with a legitimate complaint about Amtrak service ought to be tolerated here because it is part of the purpose. Just don't blow things out of proportion when you post something like that, because it will diminish your credibility. Also, posters from around the world will be on here, meaning the occasional translation error will occur. For example, when Amtrak and its management started thinking too much about making a profit and covering expenses that weren't going to be recovered, they lost sight of the passenger. When this board loses sight of answering and posting legitimate, relevant material from potential travelers and buffs alike and becomes a soap opera for people that have nothing better to do, we've lost sight of the real idea. Yes, when people make poor inferences on the state of Amtrak by one bad experience, I don't like it either because I'm an optomist. I also have problems with simple spell-checking of your posts. I'm picky, it's a pet peeve, and I'll admit it. I'm human.
All I ask is that we, as a group, learn to control ourselves and stick to the point. Moderation should not be necessary, I've been saying that for months now. When is this going to become a reality?

Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page