RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Possible one day work stoppage on Amtrak

Author Topic: Possible one day work stoppage on Amtrak
KA6BGJ
Member # 662

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KA6BGJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard on the ABC network news this morning that the Federal Courts have turned down a request by AMTRAK Managment to block a pending one day work stoppage by AMTRAK employees over not getting enough funds to keep the train properly running.

The news report did not say when the work stoppage will happen but supposedly it is affecting the whole system.

Has anybody heard anything about this pending stoppage?

Posts: 88 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yez Boz
Member # 2938

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Yez Boz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What has this got to do with moderating this board ?!?!?!?!?!
Posts: 40 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CK
Member # 589

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KA6BGJ, I was under the impression that the possible work stoppage would only affect the Florida maintenance yard and perhaps some routes in Florida. I maybe incorrect.
Yez Boz, this topic has nothing to do with moderating this board. You might want to read the topic again. I think your looking for another thread.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page