TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Earthquake

Author Topic: Earthquake
zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What impact did today's earthquake (near Paso Robles, CA) have on Amtrak operations? Anyone experience the rocking and rolling?

[This message has been edited by zephyr (edited 12-22-2003).]

Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surfliner 763 had a red signal was we approached Seacliff. We received a green but had to run the rest of the way to Santa Barbara at 20 MPH. We arrived there at about 12:50. 763 was terminated there and a fueling truck refueled it at Santa Barbara. 784 was loaded and we waited for the Coast Starlight
to arrive which ran from Ventura to Santa Barbara at 20 mph
arriving at 1:55 PM. We ran home on 784 on time back to LAX and then Santa Ana.

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, I was at USC and went to eat at TRAXX at union station, and no one there was "alarmed" but Paso Robles doesnt have too many trains daily, so it shouldnt have been to big hopefully.

-Anton

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zephyr:
What impact did today's earthquake (near Paso Robles, CA) have on Amtrak operations? Anyone experience the rocking and rolling?

[This message has been edited by zephyr (edited 12-22-2003).]

It was felt here in Redondo Beach, 200 miles south.
As for the quake, what usually happens is for any quake at 4.0 or larger, they stop rail traffic in the immediate area and inspect the tracks before allowing trains to continue.

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Palso Verdes, and my mom didnt feel anything, and I was in Downtown (Union Station ) but I wonder why ID idnt feel anything or my mom...

Anton

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was about to post this same topic, anyway I was in Whittier at the time and feelt nothing and my *** didnt go nuts ethier.

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

[This message has been edited by JONATHON (edited 12-23-2003).]

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about that, for some reson they think the word "*** " is not suitable for this site, if the word above gets edited out, it spells -O-G as in a pet.

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, who put that smily there?
It covers the letter-D

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page