RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » dome vs sightseer lounge

Author Topic: dome vs sightseer lounge
irish1
Member # 222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for irish1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw a little of this on one of the other posts. i just wanted to put my 2 cents in. the last time i rode a dome car was in the late 80s on the city of new orleans. i really enjoyed being able to sit above the train and watch where we going. loved it. my vote is definetly for the dome. opinions?
Posts: 175 | From: FENCE WI USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLC
Member # 58

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you entirely. The only problem with the dome car is that the glass has to be kept clean and free of scratches. It's nice to be able to see what scenery is coming, rather than have it sneak up on you as it does when viewed from the Superliner Lounge.
Posts: 62 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page