RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Pacific "Business" Class

Author Topic: Pacific "Business" Class
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If youu live in California, you've probally been on the surfliner. Have you ever been business class? Today I went to fullerton from LA and then I took Biz. class back. The TV's were 100% un-operational, the light snack is a bag of chips and a drink, and a newspaper, and the seats are the same as coach basically. It is really not worth an extra ($9) just to fullerton from LA im sure its more to other locations like San Diego and Santa Barbara. Is it always that bad?

It was very dissapointing today ,

ALSO most of all me and my grandpa had to sit apart at first before a nice lady was nice enough to switch. So it snot really RESERVED!!

Post your thoughts,
Anton L

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CPBake
Member # 2965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPBake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rode Pacific Business Class this past summer when I went from Fullerton to San Diego and thought it was worth the extra $7. The bagels, donuts and juices in the morning were ok, and on the way back they give you a snack box and offer you wine. But the fact that we had the car almost to ourselves was great. Coach was packed in like sardines, screaming kids and all. The seats in coach were a little narrower plus the Business class car even has a few tables.

Posts: 10 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CS99,
I know why you trip sucked, when I went to San Diago, they said they were raising there rates for the holidays and the reson the suply shortage was cause of the football game, all the raider fans on my train ate every thing, by the time I got there allmost every thing was gone.

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, your probally right Jonathan--

But guys why dont the TV's work?

And why was it UNRESERVED?

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CoastStarlight99:

But guys why dont the TV's work?

And why was it UNRESERVED?

The TV's were stolen by some people a few months after they were installed. The coaches are stored near Skid Row overnight, with little security.

But why watch TV when you're on the train? If you rode at night I would understand...

The "reservation" just means you have a place on the train and not a specific seat.

Business Class is probably not worth it for a 1-station trip, but I usually ride it when space is available.

MP

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, I cant believe the TV's were stolen..Was this in LA? It looked to me like the TV's were in but they didnt turn on. You could change the channel but nothing came in the screen. And I only rode Business class to see what it was like. IS there any website where I could get a complete story about the stolen amtrak stuff?

A.

coach34135
Member # 1979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for coach34135     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CoastStarlight99:
wow, I cant believe the TV's were stolen..Was this in LA? It looked to me like the TV's were in but they didnt turn on. You could change the channel but nothing came in the screen. And I only rode Business class to see what it was like. IS there any website where I could get a complete story about the stolen amtrak stuff?

A.

Amtrak parks their stuff in the old Santa Fe shops right next tot he LA River, you could walk up to them thru the dry riverbed and go 'shopping' in the cars. from what have seen it's unsecure.

Posts: 139 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
coach34135,
That realy sucks, To bad, But atleast they dont break any windows.

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
I get it from that 12am to 5am period where no surfliners are going. And yes, I have seen the horrible LA river. There isn't 5 feet without graffiti.

Anton

MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both the main TV sets and stereo/CD systems were stolen. The good folks who help authorize the money for the service don't live where the trains are stored, so they don't add in extra money to protect the investment.

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only reason the TVs aren't working now is because a TA hasn't set them up especially when a TA is not working the train. Besides it was never the TVs that were broken or stolen it was the DVD.
Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page