RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Who Owns the Dome Car Near Fullerton

Author Topic: Who Owns the Dome Car Near Fullerton
paulr
Member # 2761

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for paulr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On January 18th we took the Pacific Surfliner from Fullerton to/from San Diego. About 1 or 2 miles out of Fullerton I noticed two Zephyer style passenger cars on a side track next to a warehouse. One of the cars was a dome car. They looked to be in decent condition.
Can you tell me anything about theses cars; who owns thems, do the still run, are they available for rent, etc?

Posts: 32 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean the one thats in Fullorton?

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

[This message has been edited by JONATHON (edited 01-19-2004).]

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveD
Member # 43

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There have been two or three such cars kept on a spur in Anaheim that got severred from main line a while back. Now the landlord food company wants the cars out so it can use the space for truck parking. Two threads on Trainorders about this recently and last month exlain that the switch is being re-installed so the cars can be removed and moved to Fullerton depot.
Posts: 216 | From: San Carlos, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to TO thread about cars being moved to FUL depot. http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,674245

Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed a car at the fullerotn station that Jonathon met the owner of. But what warehouse?
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He had told me more were on the way, I didnt ask from where though
Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to a search on TO: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/search.php?4,search=anaheim,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=30,match_forum=THISONE,body=1,author=1,subject=1
Click on the underlined title to see each response/post.

Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pismobum
Member # 2628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pismobum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's the dome info
http://trainweb.org/railnewspb/Q#4735

Posts: 114 | From: pismo beach CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page