RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » California Commuter cars

Author Topic: California Commuter cars
LARZ
Member # 839

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LARZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the process of kitbashing some HO walthers Superliner cars. My plans are to turn them into California Commuter cars. I'm having decals made of them but I need various size measurements of emblems, logos, words and names of these cars. I need them in feet/inches and I need each measurement as its height and length. For example. the words "Amtrak California" that are written on these cars. I need to know how tall in inches is the "A" in amtrak and how long in feet is the entire phrase. Also, I need to get in contact with someone out west that can get me prototypical pictures of each version of these cars. Thanks, Chris
Posts: 2 | From: jonesboro, ga | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a great project. I've always thought it a little odd that you can buy Amtrak California locomotives, but not the cars.

I'm afraid I don't have the info you need, but I am curious how you plan to make the doors. Superliners have one door in the middle of the car. Surfliners and California Cars have two sets of doors, one at each end of the lower level.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BCAmtrak1
Member # 148

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCAmtrak1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to get pricey, buy the California Cars and Pacific Surfliner cars at Overland Models They are about $330.00 each

[This message has been edited by BCAmtrak1 (edited 09-20-2001).]

Posts: 20 | From: Manteca CA< USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page