RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » What scanner do you recommend?

Author Topic: What scanner do you recommend?
traveler
Member # 1415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for traveler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only outlet in my town is Radio Shack. Is there a moderately priced scanner you'd recommend other than radio shack?
Posts: 71 | From: lawrence,kansas,usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The SC180B is a great Scanner

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Highly recommend the Icom IC-V8. It's a small handheld w/ great reception. Better than my Motorola packset.

Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nasscarr1720
Member # 2060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasscarr1720     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had several scanners of the the years that I use for listing to trains and use them at the race tracks. I think the best one is the SC200 from Uniden. If you go on there web sight you can buy a used reconditioned one for a big savings from a new one. They all work and have a warranty. The nice thing with the SC200 is you can buy software for about 25.00 and up load the frequencies from your PC. When scanning with the SC200 you can also program the user of the frequencies is associated with. I have several files. When I go to the race I up load those frequencies and it takes about a minute. Then when I come home I up load my train frequencies again and I am ready to go in a minute. I hope this helps.

Bill

Posts: 41 | From: Milwaukee, WI USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
traveler
Member # 1415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for traveler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all.
Posts: 71 | From: lawrence,kansas,usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
traveler
Member # 1415

Member Rated:
Is the Uniden SC200 a trunking scanner?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page