RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Best hotel in Seattle

Author Topic: Best hotel in Seattle
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have a favroite? Dosen't have to be close to the King Street station but a free shuttle to and from the hotel would be a nice extra. I understand The Warwick Hotel offers this service. Anyone ever stay there?

Nice View

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Room Service (edited 02-04-2004).]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the advice of Steve Grande from Train Web, I have stayed at the Pioneer Square Hotel a couple times. It is quite nice, and not that far away from King Street Station -- I suppose you could walk from the station to the hotel, but an old guy like me prefers the taxicab alternative! Anyway, it is a rather quaint old hotel, and they have a pretty convenient breakfast setup right off the lobby, which I have always partaked of.

If you are spending any time in Seattle, the Pioneer Square Hotel is convenient to city busses.

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rresor
Member # 128

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rresor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vote would go to the Edgewater Hotel, which is actually built on a pier over Elliott Bay. When it opened (1960s) they had to specifically prohibit fishing from the room windows.

You can reach it from King Street Station via the Waterfront Streetcar, which has been extended in street trackage to a loop in front of old Union Station (now a transportation center) just east of King Street.

If you really want the *best* hotel in Seattle, try the Four Seasons.

Posts: 614 | From: Merchantville, NJ. USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulr
Member # 2761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we took the CS to Seattle we stayed at the Paramount Hotel. It is next to the Paramount theater and two blocks from the Seattle Center. Here is the link: http://www.paramounthotelseattle.com/
Posts: 32 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammy
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also considering The Warwick because of the free shuttle service. I read some great reviews on the website " TRIP ADVISOR".
It also has a guest laundry which is something I need and wasn't available at the Edgewater, my first choice.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite hotel in Seattle is the Pacific Plaza.It is an older historic hotel but it is really nice.It is a short bus or taxi ride from King Street Station.

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebradley
Member # 606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jebradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've spent less than 24 hours in Seattle ever, but we did stay at the Best Western Pioneer Square and I'll second the other guy - reasonable, close to the waterfront and trolley, beautiful room and good breakfast setup.
James E. Bradley Hawk Mountain Chapter NRHS

Posts: 57 | From: Allentown, PA, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page