RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New Trip Report- Southwest Chief and Three Rivers

Author Topic: New Trip Report- Southwest Chief and Three Rivers
coachclass
Member # 2382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for coachclass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got the time to sit down and compose a report about my trip from Ohio to California and back on the Three Rivers and Southwest Chief. The report, along with lots of pictures I took with my new digital camera can be found at my website: www.geocities.com/coachseats
You are all invited to check it out!
-Coachclass

Posts: 78 | From: Des Moines, IA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben - great travelogue!! I enjoyed reading it very much, and your pictures were great! I will be riding the SWC on my train trip this summer, from LAX to Chicago. The next time you have a long layover in L.A., you may want to ride one of the Pacific Surfliners down to San Clemente or Oceanside and spend some time on the beach between trains.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
traveler
Member # 1415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for traveler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: your trip report. Be careful of broad brush strokes. There is a small sect of Amish which is not particularly hygenic. The vast majority of Amish are extremly clean and neat. I know and have traveled with Amish and have experience no such displeasure as have you. Bradkansas
Posts: 71 | From: lawrence,kansas,usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
traveler
Member # 1415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for traveler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoyable report! Bradkansas
Posts: 71 | From: lawrence,kansas,usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how about a quarter of the way down the page of the travelouge there is a photo of you in front of one of the cars and the writing next to you thats on the car reads "Coachclass", which as we all know is your Screen name.

BTW St. Louis' Metrolink also goes by an Honor system of handling fares as does LA's.
I ride it often but all there is is a cop on board to make sure nothing bad goes down.

[This message has been edited by UncleBuck44 (edited 02-15-2004).]

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page