RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amtrak at night

Author Topic: Amtrak at night
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the most uncomfortable ride on Amtrak durring nite?

Myn was when a SupperLinner's A/C messed up and all nite it was on full blast

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was the opposite. We had broken A/C in the rooms on the CZ during a summer trip. It made sleeping difficult. I woke up sweating and very thirsty. The A/C still worked in the hallways, and that kept us from melting completely into a puddle. The car was a Superliner I named "George M. Pullman." Otherwise it was a great trip. The on-board service was top notch. Without our even asking, our car attendant arranged refunds on the sleeper portion of our fare because of the busted A/C.

The night of our return trip was one of our best. The car was comfortablly cool and we turned out the lights to watch lightning outside.

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
traveler
Member # 1415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for traveler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having a room 9 sleeper above the trucks in Western Nebraska on the Z. Brad
Posts: 71 | From: lawrence,kansas,usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Superliner upstairs standard room on the short-lived Kentucky Cardinal. The track from Louisville to Indianapolis was in such bad shape that even at 30mph the tall varnish would really rock back and forth. I didn't get to sleep until after we arrived in Indianapolis........I was worried that the car would derail and pitch over on it's side while the train was in motion.

------------------
David Pressley

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtrak_fan_c
Member # 3079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrak_fan_c     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand the standerd bedrooms for some resean just way to small.
Least the standerd bedrooms on the viewliner have TVs in them. hehe

------------------
So I'm a Amtrak fan. ;)

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dutchamtrakfan
Member # 3000

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for dutchamtrakfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As traveller room 9 in nebraska but with a bouncing boxcar just behind you
Posts: 8 | From: netherlands | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheriff
Member # 2521

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheriff   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell you mine. It's trying to stay awake when you go to work at 11;30pm at Sac and you don't get off work until 9;00am the next morning at KFS. You guys are all cuddled up in your sleepers getting a good night's sleep while me and the other Conductor's and Engineer's try to stay awake too keep you and your family safe and give you a good ride through the night. But it's all in a night's work.
Posts: 100 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page