RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » What Was That???

Author Topic: What Was That???
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today in San Dimas While I was Browsing around in a Model RailRoading store (The Train Stop) I heard a Horn, to weak to be a Frieghter, or a Passenger Train, And This weird looking Trolly-like thing Flew by, it was all white and was a Double-cab style train, more like a self prepeld coach, And had one solid Blue stripe that said something about Federal Government, or something.

But This Is Southern CALIFORIA!!!

No electric Trains over here, and it was going Way to Fast to be a Trolly, or any kind of Light-Rail car, Bolth the poeple in the shop stoped and looked, We were all thinking the same thing: What the???, I was thinking the same as well.

Anyone know what this was?

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FRA 2000 inspection car. Been running all over SoCal last few days. Yesterday passed us WB on San Diego Sub. Here's a link to a TO post: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,692440
Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any good links with pitcures...that sounds really cool!

A.

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, i got one
http://www.fra.dot.gov/

------------------
--Anton
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thats it!

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=51019

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page