RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Trip Reports

Author Topic: Trip Reports
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually do not read trip reports, but I really enjoyed Mr. Toy's. Does anyone have a good trainweb link or off trainweb with tons and tons of good trip reports..It really made me feel like I was on the train!

------------------
--Anton
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutton
Member # 1612

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.on-track-on-line.com/trip-reports-2002.shtml

this one is the only one I know about. My trip report (rather lengthy) is about halfway down, I think. By Scott Sutton

But there are quite a few good ones.

Posts: 171 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coachclass
Member # 2382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for coachclass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are welcome to read my Amtrak trip reports on my webpage. Got about 15 of them on there now. They tend to speak more to the experience of traveling than to the technical aspects of the trip. There are lots of other good sites out there from people all over the place. www.geocities.com/coachseats
Posts: 78 | From: Des Moines, IA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rheboi
Member # 2994

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rheboi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Sutton:

Although your trip report was lengthy it was a GREAT read!! I felt transported into the train with you!!

I only hope I can do as much justice to my upcoming trip

Posts: 116 | From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CG96
Member # 1408

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CG96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.amtraktrains.com (Note: not affiliated with the passenger service provider) has a trip report section in the "forum" section of the web site. On Track On Line has an extensive trip report section. Of course, let's not forget this web site, and part of this forum. That has been where you would find some trip reports that I have posted over the years that I have been a member of this forum.

Trainorders.com has a section devoted to trip reports as well, but the overwhelming majority of reports there are strictly train-chasing of freight RRs. I don't know how they would react to the posting of a passenger rail trip there.

Posts: 506 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll find dozens of trip reports here:

www.trainweb.com/cgi-bin/top/tw_do.cgi?travelogues/index.htm

Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page