RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » for your information

Author Topic: for your information
Ray
Member # 10

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those that write travelogues on your train trips, please send me an e-mail link to the page on your site where they're hosted so TrainWeb can link to them and mention it in "What's New" on our main page. I feel that a lot of good and interesting stories that could be shared with others who do not come into the forum can do a lot of good for others that do not come into the forum. Share your experiences! **** Also, a neat site to visit is www.trainweb.org/amtrakpix.
Posts: 22 | From: Fullerton, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dreaded full stop problem. Link should be http://www.trainweb.org/amtrakpix/

Is this affiliated with TrainWeb's own travelogues? Ones which I sent a load to years ago and never got published?!?!

Nice looking site - I'll have a better look later when I've got time.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray
Member # 10

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the correction, Geoff. We are a small staffed company so sometimes things can be slow. Please send me the link to your travelogues & I'll act on it.

Ray

quote:
Originally posted by geoffm:
The dreaded full stop problem. Link should be http://www.trainweb.org/amtrakpix/

Is this affiliated with TrainWeb's own travelogues? Ones which I sent a load to years ago and never got published?!?!

Nice looking site - I'll have a better look later when I've got time.

Geoff M.

------------------

Posts: 22 | From: Fullerton, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So *are* you TrainWeb, or are you seperate from TrainWeb?

My travelogues were sent about 7 years ago and I've changed computers several times since then, so I no longer have them!

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray
Member # 10

Rate Member
My gosh, Geoff, 7 years ago we were drenched in work. we were putting in 18 hour days, 7 days a week. No wonder we missed you. What a shame, but, we still try to do better. I'm so sorry about not having them posted, but if you, or anyone else, ever write any more travelogues, send the links to me and we'll get it up in "What's New."

I wouldn't say that "I" am TrainWeb, as we work as a team here. I am one of the principles and I try to stay out of sight(just like the others). I relate more to the marketing and sales for TW. I have written some of the travelogues here so I am very much for others to share their stories as well.

By the way, thanks for gracing our website with your presence. We really appreciate you and all the other good people who come here and make positive use of this forum!

------------------

Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back from a trip last week. I'll be sure to send you a link when I get my next train Travel Tale on line. May be a while though. Gotta get taxes done, too.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I've just realised though, that as I knew about Trainweb 7 years ago, I must have been on these forums for nearly as long as well! Wow!

Geoff M.

RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray - where are the travelogues from members posted now? It used to be a separate section you could link to from the home page, but that is gone. You have 3 or 4 of my travelogues posted somewhere, but I can't find them any more.

Thanks --

Rich Kimmel

P.S. How do I start a Train Web-hosted web page? I'd like to have one, and I will have another travelogue this summer. Please reply to this inquiry to my personal e-mail, not on this forum:

rrrich123@aol.com

Thanks!

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page