RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amtrak still using old logos

Author Topic: Amtrak still using old logos
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On many station signs. When will they be changed?
Posts: 416 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahrjmrecr
Member # 3128

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahrjmrecr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know at the Buffalo (Depew) station they installed a new road side sign with the new logo, but they haven't changed the logo's on the station.
Posts: 7 | From: Depew, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know about 3 months ago the station in Kirkwood, Missouri switched the logo in the station sign.
Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the old Logos!

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old logo is much nices and more rail related.

BUT the new one is more modern and if it can be more catchy than its good for Amtrak.

What happend to those Amtrak TV comericals in FALL2003 now there never on!

------------------
--Anton
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On my last trip I didn't see a single station with a new logo between Salinas and Salem. Maybe some have them on the street side that I couldn't see???

Personally, while I like the new logo, it was not too smart to make teh change without having the money to convert everything. Changing a superficial corporate "image" costs money that might be better spent on more substantive improvements. A now logo costs a bundle of money. Perhaps it might have been better spent getting a damaged Superliner or two back into service

[This message has been edited by Mr. Toy (edited 03-19-2004).]

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RHerndon
Member # 3072

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for RHerndon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was by the station in Grand Junction today and noticed they still had the old logo.

------------------
Tige

Posts: 6 | From: Paonia, CO | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has to way down on the list of "who cares" items in priority. Why change? The pointless arrow was at least recognized. I thought the change was another Warrington wacko exhibiting his lack of understanding the difference between facade and substance.

A good quote on the whole issue of "branding" and developing "brand recognition" comes from Roy Disney in the recent dispute over Eisner's management of the Disney corporation,

"Branding is something you do to cows. Branding is what you do when there's nothing original about your product."

As quoted in Newsweek of March 15, 2004.

Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page