RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » RAVE RAVE! About my recent trip!

Author Topic: RAVE RAVE! About my recent trip!
yummykaz
Member # 475

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for yummykaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from a NOL to NYC on the Crescent round trip. WONDERFUL! What a great trip! Our car attendants were amazing. Romndell on the way was as gracious and helpful as he could be. One the way back, we had BY FAR, THE BEST! car attendant, OC. Smith. He was allways there, allways ready to help us. Also on the way there, my son got a stomach virus the night before. Romndell helped my husband get the shower ready when we needed to put my son with fever in to cool him down. ( he is fine now!)

The new menu I am NOT fond of. No soup. And when my son asked for chocolate milk ( on way back) he was told "no". But yet they have milk, and Hershey syrup for desserts...ran out of mashed potatos...but yet had baked potatos ( can'tt they be mashed with some milk!)

We had an excellent waitress, Gerri. She was so nice and thank God for her because the other waitress, was plain rude ( or she was just like that maybe).

On the way there it seemed the food was an issue . Lunch was two choices of sandwhich only. Next day breakfast was only continental in sleeper ( something about a water problem).

The lounge car on the way back had an enclosed glass smoking section within it.

Train was early going, an hour late on the return.

Glad we did not take the sunset limited as it arrived about 10-12 hours late .

Posts: 168 | From: Spring TX USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panamaclipper
Member # 3058

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for panamaclipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sat in the diner on the Texas Eagle and watched the waiters making glass after glass of choco milk with Hershey's and plain milk. I guess it depends on what crew you get.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I remember being on the Crescent once with a crew member named O.C. Smith, but I thought he was the "Chief of On-Board Services" back then. Could it be the same guy?
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page