RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Transfer Airline Miles Question

Author Topic: Transfer Airline Miles Question
paulr
Member # 2761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do other airlines, besides Continental, allow the transfer of frequent flier miles to Amtrak Guest Rewards?
Posts: 32 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only from Continental, you can, however, transfer Guest Rewards points to United and Midwest in blocks of 5,000, but only one way.

[This message has been edited by snake (edited 04-06-2004).]

Posts: 71 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went through the process of transferring miles from OnePass to Guest Rewards. OnePass transferred one block of 20,000 miles and a second of 10,000. Only the 20,000 posted. A call to Amtrak and OnePass resolved that problem. Now, however, I notice that they withdrew 30,000 for the Deluxe Bedroom SEA/CHI. It should be 24,000 since we are traveling before 04/30/04. So, I'll be calling "Gail" at Amtrak again tomorrow. The tickets have not arrived yet although she assured me they went out on Friday.

I transferred the extra miles, by the way, because we weren't sure if we'd make the trip this month or next and I wanted to make sure the miles were there.

In any case, we're really looking forward to this trip.

Frank in SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page