RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » city of nol

Author Topic: city of nol
irish1
Member # 222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for irish1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know that you all know about the derailment. i was suppose to take the city the day after the derailment. i arrived at the depot in new orleans by greyhound from mobile. i had been in pensacola with my family on vacation. i did not know about the wreck until i went to the ticket counter and the agent pointed to three buses outside and said theywere replacing the train to memphis. i was offered a refund if i wanted. there was also a lot of news media in and around the station. i chose to take the chartered bus to memphis.
we stopped at most of the scheduled stops to pick up other passengers and pretty much followed the trains schedule. we went all the way to yazoo city about an hour off the interstate for nothing. we arrived at memphis at 1130 pm. the train is scheduled there for 10 pm. we left shortly after and after being on a bus for 10 hours my standard bedroom felt great. even after the late start we arrived in chicago only about 30 minutes late. once again the media greeted the train to see if any passengers had stories to tell. my train to mke was on time as usual. after my 4 hour drive to niagara it feels good to be home. my condolences to all who were directly effected by this tradgedy.

------------------
The Copper Country Limited [Milwaukee Road] and the Peninsula 400 [CNW} still my favorites

[This message has been edited by irish1 (edited 04-08-2004).]

Posts: 175 | From: FENCE WI USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page